Composed of a unique elastic acrylic resin material, Thermo-Guard™ is thinner than a traditional hard/soft guard, but durable enough for the active nocturnal bruxer. Thermo-Guard becomes flexible under warm water, making it easier to insert and more comfortable to wear. When the material cools to intraoral temperature it becomes hard enough to protect your patients’ teeth and restorations.
Compared to Hard/Soft Guards:
- Thermo-Guard is Self-Adjusting: Heat it under warm water and the guard will mold to the teeth
- Thermo-Guard is Less Bulky: Superior wearability and patient comfort compared to traditional hard/soft guards
- Thermo-Guard has Faster Seating Time: Better fit reduces seating time and dimensional stability means fewer, if any, adjustments
Thermo-Guard softens slightly in warm water so it conforms more readily to tooth contours. Immediately prior to insertion, immerse the Thermo-Guard in warm tap water for one to two minutes. This simple step will allow final customization for the patient’s optimum comfort.
What to send?
- Full arch upper and lower models or VPS impressions
- Send an open bite with 2 mm clearance in posteriors